Lulu LaRock

....Illustration, Custom Jewelry, Coastal Creativity, and whatever comes along....

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Fun Plants

After taking courses in horticulture, Master Gardener's Program, working in nurseries and doing some landscape design, I have image files on many plants.  I am however getting a little rusty since I am not gardening as much (less land, money and time!)   Therefore I hope posting plants I find interesting will give me some motivation and maybe you too!


Botanical Name:Ligularia tussilaginea 'Gigantea'lig-yew-LAR-ee-ah sten-oh-SEF-ah-lah Common Name: Giant leopard plantSynonyms: Farfugium japonicum 'Giganteum'Genus:Ligularia
This evergreen foliage plant has large, rounded, leathery leaves and daisy-like yellow flowers. It looks great in the border or in containers.Noteworthy characteristics: This plant is similar to the species, except the leaves are larger. Parts of it are poisonous if ingested.Care: Provide partial shade and moist, well-drained, fertile soil.Propagation:
By division in spring or by seed.

Problems:
Slugs.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here!