Lulu LaRock

....Illustration, Custom Jewelry, Coastal Creativity, and whatever comes along....

Monday, February 20, 2012

My Town

This is my town, Corona del Mar, California A town where I'm not sure I feel a part of any more.  Too much money for some, not enough to go around.  Changing scenes every day.  I drive by the coffee shops, boutiques and fine restaurants.  I barely ever see the inside of those places.  Instead I see the grocery store, the drug store, hardware store, the basics.  There was a time when I could go and have a meal, buy a cute outfit, go for a cup of coffee.  Not so much now.  My kids are flying the coop, I don't see the other parents, the kids friends, and fewer of my own friends.  I'm single, living in the rear place of my ex's home.  I make the best of it.  I've been fortunate.  But soon it is time to leave.  He's renting out the whole house when our son goes to college in the fall and going on an extended road trip.  I work, try to sell my art, but it never seems to be enough.  With the ex giving up, I will be looking for a new place and wondering where my son will stay when he visits.  If he visits...It is a new time in my life, but I'm not excited about it. I'm looking for motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here!